The other nearby historical monuments
Castle Dívčí Kámen (Girl´s Stone)
The monumental and romantic ruins of the Castle Dívčí Kámen, situated on a high rock cliff in the beautiful countryside above the confluence of the Křemežský Streem and the Vltava River, represent one of the most extensive and best preserved Middle Ages monuments in the Czech Republic. The castle was founded by the Rosenbergs in 1349 and abandoned by them in 1506. The area of the castle was declared a natural reservation and is part of the Protected Landscape Area of Blanský les (Blanský Forest). The ruins of the Castle Dívčí Kámen are located about 10 km of Český Krumlov.
Castle and Monastery of Kuklov
The ruins of the castle from the 14th century are located on the rocky forest hill and consists of the remains of the walls and moat. Near the castle ruins of the monastery of the Paulians from the 15th century and the first half of the 16th century are also situated. Also preserved there were the circumference walls of a one nave Late Gothic church. The remains of the church buildings are preserved only in the walls of the houses that were founded later around the monastery ruins. It is located about 17 km to Český Krumlov.
Monastery of Vyšší Brod National Cultural Monument
The Vyšší Brod monastery, situated on the right bank of the Vltava river, represents the most significant Czech family mausoleum with continuity from the 13th century to the 17th century. It is located about 30 km to the south of Český Krumlov.
The Renaissance chateau, one of the main highlights of the town of Bechyně, is situated not far from the town of Tábor in the Soth Bohemian Region. King Přemysl Otakar II. both the town in 1269 and had a castle built there soon. The castle often changed hands... In 1569 Petr Vok of Rosenberk got married Kateřina of Ludanice and some time before the famous wedding the castle was turned into an imposing chateau. The chateau, surrounded with the landscape park, is open for the public and it is located about 71 km of Český Krumlov.
Originally fortified royal castle , situated in the basin of the Otava River, was build in the half of the 13th century as a protection of large gold bearing deposits. The castle, together with the suburban houses, created an inseparable part of the western town fortification.. The eastern wing and original royal palace of the Písek Castle has been preserved in its original early Gothic form. It is used as the Museum of Prácheň from 1884. The town of Písek is also however known for the oldest stone bridge in the Czech Republic which is the National Cultural Relic. The town is located about 80 km of Český Krumlov.
Chateau of Orlík
This former royal Gothic castle, situated above the valley of Vltava River and surrounded by the modern Orlická dam, was first mentioned in the middle of the 13th century. The catle often changed hands from the middle of the 14th century. Since 1719 the Baroque chateau with its manor was held in possession of the Schwarzenberg family. It was rebuilted into a Romanesque-Gothic chateau in 1849 - 1860. The chateau was confiscated in 1948. Not until 1992 it was given back to the Schwarzenbergs. The chateau, surrounded with the landscape park and equipped with the family tomb, is located about 97 km of Český Krumlov.
Strakonice Castle National Cultural Monument
The Strakonice Castle is a unique historical and architectural landmark which played an important role in the development of the town. The first written reference to the name Strakonice dates back to the year 1235. The castle was owned by the noble family of Bavor of Strakonice up to 1243 when the family donated a part of the castle to the Maltese Knights. Since than the castle was held by the same owner for almost 700 years. The coexistence of the secular and church authorities on one castle lasted for almost 150 years. Since 1402 the entire castle was held by the Maltese Knights - Knights of St. John´s Order. The castle area was gradually rebuilted, the architectural development was terminated by the Baroque extension of a chateau in the eastern part in 1714 - 1721. The castle is located about 106 km of Český Krumlov.
Water Castle Blatná
The South Bohemian Castle Blatná has a long history which dates back to the middle of the 13th century. The Blatná Castle represents one of three aquatic castles in the Czech Republic. Since 1798 the castle with its manor was held in possession of the Hildprandt´s family, but after 1948 it was confiscated. Not until 1992 it was given back to the Hildprandts. It is located about 110 km of Český Krumlov.